My favorite time of the year is finally here: Summer! To celebrate, this year’s Summer Solstice, I’m sharing a #HelloHappy moment with my boys by making this S’Mores Skillet Cookie.
Our #HelloHappy moments didn’t stop with these pudding parfaits or with this sheet cake. I’ve proudly partnered up with Hershey’s to share some ‘Hello Happy Moments’ to show you how easy it is to choose happiness anywhere, at any time.
This S’Mores Skillet Cookie for my boys is one of those moments. It’s part of bringing the outdoors indoors with their favorite camping treat. And it’s also something to go with the fort we are building for movie night to kick off Summer. I’m sure if it were safe to have a fire burning in the middle of the living room, they would beg for it.
But as a fair trade-off, I put together this S’Mores skillet cookie for them. It’s a simple recipe that uses one of my favorite candies from my childhood, which I’ve now passed along to my kids – Hershey’s KISSES.
Check out the little guy, he’s having so much fun unwrapping (and having a few) of the KISSES. Thankfully, my nine-year-old loves to cook and bake, so he’s always the first call dibs on measuring and mixing.
This is a fun and easy recipe, so grab the kids and create your own #HelloHappy moment this summer!
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 20-24 Hershey’s KISSES
- 2 ½ cups mini marshmallows
- Preheat an oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment, beat together the butter and the granulated and brown sugars until the mixture is light in texture, about 3 minutes, scrape sides and bottom of bowl. Beat in the eggs and vanilla, scrape sides and bottom of bowl. Reduce the speed to low and gradually add the flour mixture, beating just until smooth and stopping to scrape down the bowl as needed.
- Evenly divide dough into four mounds. Press each mound into a skillet. Bake cookies for 7-8 minutes. Remove skillet from oven and top with Hershey’s KISSES and mini marshmallows. Return skillet to oven and bake for another 7-8 minutes or until cookie is lightly browned.
- Transfer to wire racks to cool slightly before serving as-is or with a scoop of ice cream.