This past week has been a little crazier than usual. I’d love to say we are at the down turn of it all, but as the school year comes to an end, its only going to get busier.
With that, between Naomi and I, we are making sure to take breaks with the boys to enjoy the little things in life. Along with that, I’m making sure these breaks are weaved into happy moments to create memories that last a lifetime.
That’s why, I’m excited to share, that we’ve partnered up with HERSHEY’S for their “Hello Happy. Hello Hershey’s.” campaign to create and celebrate personal moments of happy within our every day routines.
For today’s “Hello Happy Moment,” I’m sharing build-your-own pudding parfaits that Naomi and I created for the boys. I used HERSHEY’S Cocoa to create an Elvis Pudding Parfait and a Chocolate Crunch Pudding parfait. Naomi used HERSHEY’S SPECIAL DARK Cocoa for her Black and White Strawberry Tuxedo and Almond Crunch Pudding Parfait (don’t forget to click here for the recipes). We made our happy moment even sweeter by pairing it up with a family trivia game. The game is actually very straightforward and easy—every question answered correctly earns a topping. They loved the game as much as the pudding parfaits.
Any trivia theme will work. However, if you’re getting ready for Take Our Daughters & Sons to Work Day tomorrow (April 28th), I’d recommend making the trivia theme about what you do. Here are a few tips and pointers of how to host your trivia game for your Hello Happy Moment:
- Theme: Pick a theme, any theme.
- Rules: Decide on the rules before you start. One of our rules was that you have to answer a question before you can eat a parfait layer.
- Questions: Come up with good question. You want to make sure your questions are a mix of simple and obscure facts to keep it fun and interesting. Questions like: ”What’s the name of mom’s blog?”
- Score Keeper: Designate how you will keep score, whether it’s tally marks or it’s with toppings if you are playing the Pudding Parfait Trivia Game like we did.
- Make it extra special: Have a lightning round in which 10 questions are answered in a limited time for a big prize at the end.
- Most important rule: Your ultimate goal is to have fun and make it memorable!
They loved the game as much as the pudding parfaits. Of course, like any parent, I love it when we can create unexpected happy moment together with minimal effort like this.