I know Mondays are a drag for many people, and in my home it’s always peppered with morning madness. Why is it that no matter what I do to get ahead the night before, there always seems to be something that creeps up the morning of that puts me in crazy mode?
Thankfully that usually dies down by noon. While I don’t mind Mondays, Naomi is not such a huge fan. And when she’s stressed, she likes chocolate—lots of it. So this dessert, a 3-Layer Caramel and Chocolate Marshmallow Bar, is the perfect Monday morning fix.
And what’s not to like? This bar is layered with salted caramel, Silky Smooth DOVE Dark Chocolate, marshmallow filling and finished with a final layer of caramel and more Silky Smooth DOVE Dark Chocolate; between all that are some Keebler Graham Honey crackers.
Yes, it’s rich and sweet, but the sprinkling of salt between each layer provides some balance. What it doesn’t provide is self-control, Naomi had more than a few with her morning coffee. Which of course was all I needed to offset my Monday morning crazies.
Disclaimer: Compensation was provided by DOVE Dark Chocolate via MomTrends. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions of DOVE or MomTrends.
3-Layer Caramel and Chocolate Marshmallow Bar
By July 14, 2014Published:
- Yield: 9 Servings
I know Mondays are a drag for many people, and in my home it’s always peppered with morning madness. Why is it that no matter what I …
- 15 whole Keebler Graham Crackers
- 2 11oz. caramel pieces
- 16 oz. Dove Dark Chocolate
- 2 cups mini marshmallow
- Line a 8x8 inch pan with foil, leaving a 2 inch overhang on each side. Place 5 graham crackers on the bottom (break crackers up as needed to fit pan).
- Melt one 11 oz. bag of caramels in microwave in 30 second bursts stirring in between. Pour and spread over graham crackers. Place a second layer of graham crackers on top of caramel.
- Melt chocolate in microwave in 30 second bursts stirring in between. Reserve 1/3 of mixutre. Stir in marshmallows into remaining chocolate and spread mixture over graham crackers.
- Place a third layer of graham crackers on top of marshamllow mixture. Heat remaining 11oz. bag of caramel in 30 second bursts, stirring in between. Pour and spread over graham crackers. Pour and spread remaining chocolate over caramel. Optional: Sprinkle sea salt on top to finish.
- **Notes** (1) For ease of spreading, each bag of caramel should be melted separately, or else the caramel for the final layer will be too hard to spread.