Queso Fundido with Chorizo – A melted cheese dip that’s a perfect party appetizer or as a hot dip recipe for you next game day gathering.
It’s March Madness, which means bring on all the game day eats. Here’s a crowd-pleasing dip that you can prep in less than 15 minutes. For this version, I’m throwing in a little bit of green chiles. They’re a fast and easy addition that will cut through the richness of the cheese and chorizo, but if you have a few more minutes to spare, try roasting two poblanos, then peel and chop them up for a fresh-roasted flavor.
Whatever you do, make two if you are serving a large crowd—its’s always the first to go.
- 1 cup Queso Oaxaca cheese
- 1 cup Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb. chorizo
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 4oz can of diced Green Chilies
- green onions
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together all the cheeses.
- In an oven-proof, 10-inch skillet, over medium heat, add the chorizo. Stir and cook until chorizo is crisp and fully cooked, about 8-10 minutes. using a slotted spoon, transfer chorizo to a large bowl.
- Add the onion to the pan and cook until soft and translucent, about 3- 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30-seconds. Remove the pan and scrape the mixture into the bowl with the chorizo. Scoop out a 1/4 cup of the mixture and reserve. Add the green chilies to the remaining chorizo and mixture and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle half the cheese into the bottom of the pan. Layer with the chorizo mixture. Then spread the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake until cheese is melted and bubbly, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven. Sprinkle reserved chorizo on top along with the chopped cilantro and green onions.