Now that the holidays are over and the new year has begun, I’m taking small steps towards spinning some family classics into better-for-you recipes. Recipes like this egg salad.
To start things off I used Horizon Organic Eggs because their hens are fed an organic vegetarian diet (yay to no funky stuff!). In keeping with a healthier version of egg salad, I’ve swapped out the mayonnaise for Greek yogurt. I added a few extra goodies like: radishes, cucumber, avocados and almonds. To keep in line with the better-for-you theme, I nixed the bread for lettuce cups. It’s not something I do all the time, but it’s a nice option when I’m not in the mood for carbs.
I’m not making any sweeping changes, just a few small tweaks here and there for a more balanced lifestyle. And of course, it allows me to feel better about those cheat days.
- 8 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 4 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 4 fully cooked bacon strips, crumbled
- 4 large radishes finely diced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cucumber
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- In a medium bowl, combine and toss all ingredients until well combined. Serve on butter leaf lettuce or on bread.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Horizon Organic. The opinions and text are all mine.