**This is a sponsored post in collaboration with Knorr Selects
Who is ready for back-to-school? Admittedly, I’m a little panicked this year. Everything fell behind schedule with the baseball season going on longer than anticipated. Things like vacations being cut short, back-to-school shopping pushed out and back-to-school prep is moving slower than usual.
Thankfully, back-to-school meals are going strong. Topping the list of back-to-school meals are these Sausage and Peppers Zucchini Boats. They are incredibly easy to throw together and you can prep the filling ahead of time, then stuff and bake them when ready to eat.
These zucchini boats start with Knorr Selects Asiago Cheese and Cracked Black Pepper. I’m a proud ambassador for them, so naturally I reach for their products first because they are made without any artificial flavors or preservatives, and are gluten free. My kids love them for the taste, I like them for that as well, but I especially love how convenient they are. Each flavor takes less than twenty minutes make from start to finish.
Fast and easy is a mainstay theme in my kitchen, but it’s even more appreciated during busy times like this. I’m doing my best to get through the ever-growing punch list of things to do. I’m pretty sure that all this planning and prepping will elevate some of last year’s first week of chaos. Wish me luck as this week is the big push to get it all in line.
- 12 zucchinis, halved and cored
- 2 tablespoons (or more) olive oil
- ½ lb. sweet sausage
- ½ cup red bell pepper (about 1 medium size pepper), diced
- ½ cup orange bell pepper (about 1 medium size pepper), diced
- 1 Knorr Selects Asiago Cheese and Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Preparation: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Rub inside of zucchini with olive oil and roast for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet and add sausage. Stir and cook sausage over medium high heat until cooked through, about 5- 7 minutes. Add diced peppers and cook until softened about 3-4 minutes. Drain and set aside to make Knorr Select Asiago Cheese and Cracked Black Pepper according to package.
- Fold sausage and pepper mixture into cooked rice. Fill zucchini with rice mixture. Sprinkle cheese on top and broil for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven and sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.