If it isn’t already obvious, I’m gearing up for tailgating season with another fun recipe. You are going to love these Chili Cheese Hasselback Potatoes.
I made this for the family and they nearly cleared it out before the pan could even hit the table.
I love it when that happens—so from my table to yours, enjoy!
- 6 medium size Yukon potatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups chili
- 3 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, sliced
- Preparation: Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Wash and dry potatoes.
- Mix and combine olive oil and butter; set aside.Cut slits into potatoes three-quarters of the way down so potato stays intact. Slice slits ¼ inch apart. Rub potatoes with oil and butter mixture. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place prepared potatoes on a baking sheet.
- Transfer potatoes to oven and bake for 30 minutes. Potatoes will start to separate as it bakes. Remove potatoes from oven, brush and coat potatoes with remaining oil and butter mixture. Return to oven and bake for another 40-50 minutes or until middle of potato is easily pierced with a fork.
- Remove potatoes from oven and stuff slits with chili and cheese. Return to oven to melt the cheese, about five minutes.