This is what happens when you are four weeks into summer and your boys are have settled into sleeping and hanging out. By hanging out, I mean hanging all over me.
Don’t get me wrong, I love it. But sometimes a dad needs to breathe, stretch out—take a break from being the events coordinator.
Although I can’t complain too much, as Naomi tells me, part of it is because I will give in to almost every request to swim, play wiffle ball, grab yogurt, go to the water parl. Gah. I just can’t seem to say no to these summer days with my boys.
Admittedly I pay for it later with exhausation, but there is this reward—Baileys Cookies and Cream Popsicles. These are so perfect for those hot evenings, when I’m done with the day and I just melt into the sofa to watch my favorite show and have a couple of these.
- 1 3.4 oz Jell-o Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 1½ cup Oreo Cookies, coarsely chopped
- ⅔ cups Baileys Irish Cream, divided use
- 1 3.4 oz Jell-o Instant Chocolate Pudding
- Make vanilla pudding according to package. Stir in ½ cup of Baileys Irish Cream. Fold in Oreo cookies.
- Make chocolate pudding according to package. Stir in remaining ½ cup of Baileys Irish Cream.
- Transfer each pudding mixture into a pastry bag. Layer and fill popsicle wells. Insert popsicle in center of each well. Transfer to freezer for 6-8 hours. (Time will vary according to freezer setting and how full freezer is).
- To release popsicles from well, run hot water on the outside of popsicle for 2-3 seconds. Remove popsicle and serve immediately.