Let’s talk about how to pull off some refrigerator makeover magic to save time and reduce food waste.
Forget pulling out 5 things to find that 1 one thing you need. Or worse, forgetting what you have because it’s buried behind or underneath something.
You know what I’m talking about, it’s pure refrigerator madness.
That is, until I went modular with Rubbermaid. Rubbermaid Brilliance Food Storage Container is a line of modular, food storage containers that’s crystal clear and easily stacks to save space. It gives me an at-a-glance view of nearly every thing. While we are talking about the benefits of this system, did I mention it’s stain and odor resistant? No more wondering what can and can’t be stored. Go ahead, and put it in there! Brilliance is airtight so it will also keep food fresh throughout the week.
Along with using Rubbermaid Brilliance food storage container system, here are a 5 more refrigerator organizing tips:
- Group like things together to minimize searching for what you need and to keep an orderly flow when processing groceries.
- Organize top to bottom based on usage with things being used less frequently, like meats at the bottom to prevent cross contamination.
- Organize front to back based on when food needs to be consumed. This will help to reduce food waste and keep everything that needs to be eaten first in your line of sight.
- Use the door for condiments. This prevents small jars and such from being knocked over, or the need to constantly shift them around to fit bigger items. It’s also the best place for items that aren’t temperature sensitive.
- Reduce cross contamination by placing your meat in a container or bin. This way if the meat accidentally starts to leak or spill, it’s a contained mess that can easily be cleaned and safely disinfected. Nothing worse than a pooled mess of meat juices on a shelf or in a drawer.
To get started organizing your refrigerator, click here to shop the Rubbermaid Brilliance collections. Trust me when I tell you, this is the starting point. It’s the solution you need to save space, time and money.