It’s Christmas time, so cookies are a must, especially these peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.
The little guy and and I couldn’t quite settle on any one cookie. Ask him what he wants to make and he will say chocolate chip cookie 9 times out of 10. But who am I to judge, I’m the same way.
But to mix things up a little, this time I decided to go for a three in one. All was going fine and well, especially since we both agreed this is the kind of cookie that has a little bit of everything rolled into one—a little something for everyone.
That is unless you forget that someone in your home is allergic to peanut butter. Then you apologize with a a slice of cake.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- Preparation: Heat oven to 375° F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl. In a second bowl, beat butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and oats. Place rounded tablespoon full onto parchment lined baking sheet one inch apart.
- Bake until golden brown, about 10 to 12 minutes.Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.