Easy One Skillet Chicken Tortellini ~ An easy and delicious dinner recipe – creamy mushroom sauce and chicken tortellini prepared and cooked all in one skillet.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided use
- 4-5 sage leaves
- 8 oz. sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 4 oz. low moisture mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 9oz. chicken tortellini (I used Three Bridges brand)
- In a large oven-proof skillet, over medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Heat until butter is melted; stir to combine. Add sage leaves and and cook until crispy and butter is browned, about 4 minutes. Remove crispy sage and discard. Add the mushroom, stir to cook until mushroom starts to brown at edges about 5 minutes. Transfer mushroom to a plate and set aside.
- Using the same pan, add the olive oil and heat until oil starts to shimmer, about 1 minute Add in the shallots, stir and cook until translucent, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another 30-seconds. Sprinkle flour on top, stir and scrape the pan until a paste-like texture appears, about 1 minute. Slowly stir in chicken stock, whisking the whole time to combine. Add the milk and whisk until well combined. Add in the garlic powder, onion powder and kosher salt; stir to combine. Add the cheese and stir constantly until cheese is fully melted. Add the ravioli in and cook until ravioli is tender, about 4 to 5 minutes. Turn off heat and remove pan from the stove top. (Sauce will be appear thin at this point, but will thicken as it cools. Don’t be tempted to add more cheese of flour, or else the sauce will be too thick once the pasta starts to rest). Stir in the mushrooms and top with mozzarella cheese. Transfer pan to the oven, and bake for 4-5 minutes or until cheese melts. Remove from oven and serve immediately.