Football season has officially started, so naturally we need to kick it off with some game day eats. For this weeks game day eats inspiration, I’m drawing on one of my childhood favorites: meatloaf.
I’m taking meatloaf and flipping it into muffin-size bites. I know this isn’t a novel idea, so naturally I’m punching it up with a chili-filled center and topping it with some homemade potato chips for some added crunch.
It may not be novel, but these added twists definitely give it a next-level feel and taste. Of course, I’m totally biased, so you’ll just have to make these for yourself and see if they are as killer as I think they are.
Yield: Makes 12
Chili-stuffed Mini MeatLoaf
- 1 cup dried bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 cup ketchup, divided use
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 red pepper, finely shopped
- 2 lb. 90% ground sirloin
- 12 oz. chunky chili
- Heat oven to 350 degree F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, onion powder, garlic powder, kosher salt, black pepper, celery seed, parsley and cheddar cheese.
- In a small bowl stir together the egg, 1/2 cup ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard. Add this to the large bowl with the dry ingredients and stir until will blended. Add the meat and stir to combine.
- Fill the muffin tin with 3/4 of the way up with the meat mixture. Create a well and fill with chili. With the remaining, meat mixture create a small thin patty and place on top fill chili-filled well and press down, pinching together any open seams Top each mini meatloaf with remaining 1/2 cup ketchup.
- Transfer muffin tin to the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes until ready. Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool for 5 minutes before removing mini meat loaves from tin. Optional: top with homemade potato chipsLet sit for 5 minute and place top with mash potatoes.
Leave a comment & rate this recipe
If you love this recipe, please consider leaving a star rating and review. Star ratings help people discover my recipes online. Your support means a great deal to me.
4 comments to " Chili-stuffed Mini MeatLoaf "