Everyone knows pretty much all kids love mac & cheese. But not all kids are so fond of veggies.
Lucky for me, my little guy loves vegetables and fruit, so I never have to be the sneaky chef.
In fact, I just take his favorite meals like this Horizon Classic Mac and pump it full of veggies like broccoli, red and yellow bell peppers and squash. To keep things simple, I roasted the veggies in the oven then mixed them into the mac and cheese.
It’s an easy meal that I can throw together for him in 25 minutes or less and he always comes back for seconds.
I don’t always add Sriracha to it, but in this version I decided to spice it up a bit. That’s the good thing about the Horizon’s Classic Mac, it easily adapts to tweaks and additional flavor enhancers.
And that’s a good thing for me, because this is one of those frequently requested dinner shortcuts that I can easily pull together for the little guy and always keep it interesting.
For more amazing #MACNATOR recipes, follow Horizon’s Pinterest board. Follow Horizon Organics on Facebook and Twitter to find quick and delicious #MACNATOR recipes and be sure to visit Horizon Organic for more information on their wonderful products as well fast and easy weeknight dinner inspiration.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Horizon Organic. The opinions and text are all mine.
- 1 cup (about 1 pepper) sliced red pepper
- 1 cup (about 1 pepper) sliced yellow pepper
- ½ (about 2 squash) sliced cup squash
- 1 large broccoli head
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 box Horizon Classic Mac, prepared according to instructions
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- ¼ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Preparation: Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Toss all vegetables with olive oil, salt and pepper. Divide mixture between two bake sheets and roast for about 20 minutes or until slightly browned. Remove from oven; set aside. Prepare Horizon Classic Mac according to package. Mix in Sriracha (add more to taste if needed). Transfer mac and cheese to an oven proof pan. Fold in oven-roasted vegetables. In a separate bowl, combine and mix bread crumbs with parmesan cheese; sprinkle mixture on top of mac and cheese. Transfer to an oven and broil on high for 2-3 minutes or until top becomes brown and crunchy.