Pulled pork is a favorite in our home. I have no complaints about it, especially since I consider these Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Wraps a super easy meal to pull off. A few minutes of prep, throw in the slow cooker and a few hours later the pay off is huge.
Admittedly, if I could slow cook and waffle every meal, I probably would. But I think my family would revolt and I’d end up cooking meals under screaming cries and watchful eyes.
So instead, I simply have to get creative and find ways to spin some family favorites, like presenting pulled pork in a wrap with Flatout Bread.
And oh, hey, I even made a video so you could see just how easy this is.
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¾ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ¾ cup ketchup
- ½ cup dark molasses
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 5-6 lbs. pork shoulder
- 1 onion, halved
- 6-8 Flatout Bread
- 2 cups crispy onions, your preferred recipe
- 1½ cups coleslaw, your preferred recipe
- In a large bowl, combine and whisk together first 6 ingredients; set aside. In a second bowl, combine and whisk together next 5 ingredients.
- Place pork shoulder in slow cooker followed by halved onion. Add dried spices followed by wet ingredient mixture. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. Remove pork shoulder and shred with two forks.
- To assemble wrap: Layer Flatout Bread with pulled pork, coleslaw and crispy onions, making sure to leave a ½ inch border all the way around. Starting from one end, roll, and slice in half. Serve immediately.