Breakfast is the most winning meal around here, so there’s a lot of pressure to perform. My boys usually turn to their mom for sweets but I got this one handled. My boys killed off two each of these Raspberry Muffins, then asked for more.
Being the big pushover that I am, I let them split another one. With that third muffin I managed to rope them into helping me with some house chores, like cleaning up the backyard and garage. I may be a pushover, but I definitely know the power of a good bribe.
Not everyone would agree with this parenting style, but it certainly helps to have a few extra hands to finish things up quickly. It was a win-win all the way around–I got to lighten my load while my boys got more pool time out of it. And another muffin.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅓ cup oil
- 1 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 8 oz. raspberries, roughly chopped
- ½ cup coconut
- ¼ cup coarse sugar
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Fill muffin pan with liners.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. In a second bowl whisk together sugar, eggs until well combined. Slowly whisk in oil. Add yogurt and vanilla extract whisk to combine. Fold egg mixture into flour mixture. Batter will lumpy. Do not over mix. Add raspberries and fold to combine.
- Evenly divide mixture between wells. Sprinkle coarse sugar on top. Bake for 18-20 minutes, rotating pan halfway through. Remove pan from oven and transfer to a wire rack for 5 minutes before removing muffins from pan.
- Let muffins cool before slightly before serving.