I don’t make dessert often, but when I do, 9 out of 10 times I’m making something easy, like this Peanut Butter & Marshmallow Swirl Graham Cracker Bark. It’s a mouthful to say, but the trade off is, it takes less than ten minutes to throw together and even less time to devour, especially when you have peanut butter-loving boys like I do.
In fact, one of their favorite after school snacks is peanut butter and marshmallow fluff on toast. Sure it’s missing a few (or all if we are going to be exacting) vitamins that you would find in a salad, but what you lose in vitamins you gain in calories. Something has to give, right?
To get started you can use almost any base, I went with graham crackers, then layered it with a chocolate covering and then swirled peanut butter and marshmallow fluff on top. To finish I sprinkled on some crushed Oreos. Serve this with a glass of milk and you will have a moment to breathe as the kids chew and sip–a necessary thing if you’ve ever had one of those school pick-up days that feel like you were playing Frogger while navigating though a school parking lot.
Peanut Butter & Marshmallow Swirl Graham Cracker Bark
Author: Matt Robinson
Serves: Serves 4-6
- 15 graham crackers
- 10 oz. chocolate, melted
- ½ cup peanut butter, melted
- ½ cup marshmallow fluff, melted
- 3 tablespoons crushed Oreo cookies (optional)
- Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly cover with non-stick spray. Place graham crackers on top, breaking any pieces as needed to cover pan. Pour melted chocolate on top. Place melted peanut butter in a plastic baggie and make a small cut to one corner. Drizzle on top chocolate. Place melted marshmallow in a plastic baggie and make a small cut to one one corner. Working quickly, drag a knife through through the peanut butter and marshmallow drizzle to create a swirled effect. Optional: Sprinkle crushed Oreo on top. Transfer to refrigerator to set, about 7-10 minutes. Remove from refrigerator and cut to desired size. Store between parchment paper in an airtight container.
- *To melt both peanut butter and marshmallow fluff, place each one in a small heat proof bowl and microwave in 5-second burst, stirring between each burst.