See that mixed berry crumble beneath that giant scoop of vanilla ice cream – I’ve earned it. According to the Jawbone device and app, more on that soon—first, we do food.
This easy crumble comes together in a matter of minutes and since it’s filled with oats and fruit, consider this a power-starting breakfast, or a pick-me-up lunch and if you’re Naomi, it’s all of the above and dessert.
Clearly, it’s a winner all the way around. Of course you can keep this on the skinny side (skinny being very loosely used here) by skipping the ice cream but I love the varying temperature of the hot crumble to the cold ice cream. Speaking of crumble, this is a tighter than usual crumble, and by tighter I mean you can slice it instead of scoop it.
Or crumble it, like I’ve been doing in the morning as the yogurt topper to my power breakfast before my workout and run to give me that added push. I’m pretty sure it’s working. In fact, the crumble and my motivating Jawbone UP MOVE, an affordable fitness device tracker, tells me I’m on track with my fitness goals (pssst . . . it even has a sleep tracking, food logging and a smart coaching feature).
The Smart Coach has helped to identify when I’m most active. A good thing to know while I work to tailor my habits for increased efficiency and productivity.
Given all that, next to the easy-to-read interface of the app, my favorite feature is the step summary. It’s a great way to keep a pulse on my movement and it gives me a quick-at-glance summary of my activity. The clean interface is clutter-free and without any information overload, so I can quickly grab what I need without my eyes scanning back and forth to find my step numbers.
Now that you have the low-down, for more information on the Jawbone, click here to get your new fitness assistant that can be worn as a clip-on or as a wristlet.
- 1½ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1¼ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (2½oz.) walnuts, chopped
- ¾ cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 12 oz. raspberries
- 12 oz. blueberries
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ cup lime juice
- zest of 2 limes
- To make crumble: In a large bowl, whisk together all the ingredients until well combined. Set aside.
- To make filling: In another large bowl, whisk together all the ingredients until well combined. Set aside
- To assemble. Press half of crumble mixture into bottom of pan. Pour and spread filling on top and the layer with the remaining half of the crumble mixture. Bake at 350 degrees F until top is golden brown, about 50-55 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool slightly. Optional: Serve with ice cream or cool completely to serve with yogurt.
This is a sponsored post in partnership with Jawbone; however all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make running this site possible.