By now you all know I love summer for all its glory and activities, so I thought I’d share the funny things that summer brings on.
- Pool time shall constitute a shower, because chlorine is as good as any soap bar.
- Bedtime does not mean lights-out unless explicitly specified with, “Turn off your iPad and close your eyes”.
- Wearing the same outfit for three days in a row is totally acceptable if you change your underwear.
- Swishing some of dad’s mouthwash is an acceptable alternative to brushing teeth.
- Chocolate milk is a power breakfast before I head outside for the day.
- Popsicles are a great way to get my daily dose of fruit.
Honeydew Rum Chiller Popsicles
By July 10, 2014Published:
- Yield: 16 Servings
By now you all know I love summer for all its glory and activities, so I thought I’d share the funny things that summer brings …
- Place honeydew and rum in blender and process until smooth.. Fill popsicle wells 3/4 of the way up and sprinkle in crushed raspberries. Continue layering like that until wells are full . Insert popsicle stick and let freeze until solid.
- **NOTES**(1) If your honeydew is not at its peak and lacking some sweetness, add 1 tablespoon of agave syrup to the mixture until preferred sweetness is reached. (2) Use frozen raspberries as they are easier to crush and handle. (3) The recipe makes a total of 32 oz. The amount of popsicles it yields will vary on the mold used. The mold used in the photo yields sixteen 3oz popsicles. (4) If your popsicle mold does not have a top, cover the top with foil and outline each well with your fingers. Cut a tiny slit in the middle of each well and insert popsicle stick.
- Skill Level: Easy