Here’s an easy brownie pop recipe that is dad-friendly, kid-friendly and time-friendly. As you can imagine, I’m not one to get elbow deep in cake pops, like Naomi will sometimes knockout. But I do know the value of food on a stick. It’s always a hit with adults and kids alike.
What’s even better about these brownie pops is they are so easy that I put my kid to work with me for this post. Here’s the thing – no matter how much I love summer and all the time I spend with my boys, it never seems like it’s enough for them. No, I’m not complaining.
Well, at least not about that. What I don’t like to hear is, “I’m bored”. It’s like nails on a chalk board. Bored? What?? I know most of you know what I mean. So since Cole was “bored”, I decided to make him my assistant. Yes, he objected at first, but like everything else, in less than 60 seconds, we were having fun, making some chocolate glaze with Silky Smooth Dove Dark Chocolate, dipping and rimming brownies, and of course, making jokes.
And of course, rummaging through the pantry for things we could crush to dip in. That’s the nice thing about these brownie pops, you are only limited by what you have on hand. We used a few family favorites, like: peanuts, almonds, coconut, toffee and a few unexpected ones like potato chips and Cap’n Crunch. The latter two being Cole’s favorites.
The best part was hearing him ask what are we making next—and, “How much do I get paid for helping you?”. Gotta love an enterprising kid!
Disclaimer: Compensation was provided by DOVE Dark Chocolate via MomTrends. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions of DOVE or MomTrends.
By July 27, 2014Published:
- Yield: 16 pops
Here's an easy brownie pop recipe that is dad-friendly, kid-friendly and time-friendly. As you can imagine, I'm not one to get elbow …
- 16 2 inch brownies
- 2/3 cups Dove chocolate, melted
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar, sifted
- 3-5 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons sweetened shredded coconut, chopped peanuts, chopped sliced almonds, toffee bits, crushed potato chips, Cap'n Crunch (or anything you prefer to rim your brownies with)
- Place chocolate and heavy cream in a microwave safe bowl and heat in 30 second bursts until melted (making sure to stir in between). Add in sifted powdered sugar and whisk to combine. Add water in 3 tablespoon of water and whisk to combine. Add remaining 2 tablespoons one at a time and as needed to achieve a pouring-like consistency.
- Insert popsicle stick into brownie and dip in chocolate and rim with listed ingredients or your preferred finishings.