If you are a regular reader of this blog, than you can probably tell that I love summer. I love everything about it – the beach several days a week, the pool, baseball, camping, road trips, you name it. And it all comes down to time with my family – quality time, out in the fresh air, enjoying every blessed moment with my wife, kids and extended family. And during those warm summer days nothing beats a cool treat, be that a smoothie, a fruit drink, a cocktail, or especially a pudding pop! And these Brownie Bite Pudding Pops with Salted Caramel are my absolute favorite to date.
With summer on my mind lately, I have been on a pudding pop roll. My Oreo and Butterfinger versions were huge hits. And any time I make something that goes over so well here, I figure, why stop there? What else do the kids love that I can incorporate into a refreshing treat? Brownies and salted caramel! And to me, the best part about using brownie bites is the fact that with every bite, you get that consistent outer crunch, which I love, and they hold better when mixed too. And the salted caramel adds that little salty flavor that always pairs well with anything sweet, like chocolate. You can’t go wrong!
So when you’re out at the pool, at the beach or family picnic or BBQ this summer, make these ahead of time, pack them in the cooler with lots of ice, and enjoy every smile as you watch your family and friends gobble this down bite after bite. It’s the perfect summer treat!
Brownie Bite Pudding Pops with Salted Caramel
By May 27, 2014Published:
- Yield: 14-16 Servings
If you are a regular reader of this blog, than you can probably tell that I love summer. I love everything about it – the beach …
- 1 5.1 oz Instant chocolate pudding (not cook and serve)
- 1 3.4 instant vanilla pudding (not cook and serve)
- 5 cups milk, divided use
- 1 cup brownie bites, chopped (homemade or store bought)
- 3/4 cup salted caramel (homemade or store bought) mm
- Mix the chocolate and vanilla pudding according to the package.
- Fold brownie bites into chocolate pudding and salted caramel into vanilla pudding, Layer each popsicle well starting with chocolate pudding mixture, then salted caramel mixture and finishing with chocolate pudding mixture. Insert popsicle stick and let freeze until solid, 3-4 hours.
- **Notes** (1) This recipe can easily be halved. (2) Freeze time will vary according to freezer settings and how full your freezer is.